A Hunger for God
THE BLESSINGS OF KNOWING GOD
“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.” – Ephesians 1:18 (NIV)
- The passage enumerates the spiritual blessings of being in Christ. List down the blessings from each of the 3 persons of the Trinity. How are each of those blessings true in your own life?
- The phrase “in Christ” and “in Him” are repeated 9x in verses 3-13. What is the importance of this in connection with the spiritual blessings mentioned? What does it mean to be “in Christ?” Is it possible to know God apart from Christ?
- According to verse 13 how were you “included in Christ” (NIV)? Enumerate the 3 steps in the process based on this verse.
- From the list of spiritual blessings you made in Reflect 1 compose a love letter to the Lord that expresses your gratitude and deep respect to Him.
“The private and personal blessings we enjoy – the blessings of immunity, safeguard, liberty and integrity – deserve the thanksgiving of a whole life.” – Jeremy Taylor
- Intimacy (Pray for yourself): Ask the Lord to make you fruitful. Pray John 15:1-5 over your life.
- Investing (Pray for our church): Pray that God would make Redemption Church fruitful, and that we would bring God much glory even as we bear much fruit together.
- Inviting (Pray for our communities): Ask God to give our city the fruits of righteousness. Those parts of our city that are fruitless and bearing bad fruit, ask him to prune them. Ask him to grow the fruits of righteousness, faithfulness, holiness, love, and peace.